Reporting to: Head of Engineering
We are looking for a dynamic Embedded Software Engineer to join our Engineering team who designs cutting-edge technology to provide real-world impact.
We are not just looking for engineers; we are a cultivating a community of learners. With access to continuous learning opportunities, you’ll be in the perfect environment to evolve your skills and stay at the forefront of electronic engineering.
Real-World Impact: Your engineering drawings will matter. You will be revolutionising directly from your contributions to this groundbreaking tool – you’ll be making a difference.
Career Growth: Your career growth is our priority. As a Mechanical Engineer, you’ll have a clear path for advancement within the company. Your hard work and dedication will be recognised and rewarded.
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are required for the role; able to demonstrate a high standard of report writing and presentation skills.
A desire to support colleagues and transfer knowledge in area of expertise to others in the department, and also to wider Grinsty Rail colleagues.
Able to support senior colleagues with customer and internal partner liaison in collaborative projects, able to lead technical liaison with customers (both technical and non-technical customers) during project to ensure delivery.
What you need
A strong foundation in electronic engineering principles in Altium or similar software.
You are a technically capable and come to us with:
- A BSc/BEng in Electronic Engineering or similar
- Experience of analogue and digital electronics board-level design experience
- Experience designing products with embedded microprocessors.
- Electronics CAD schematic and PCB layout design
- Use of standard lab test equipment
- Design verification testing and debugging of electronic circuits.
- Practical experience of applying standard engineering practices such as gated review processes and change control.
- The creation of technical documentation
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role designing Electronics
- An understanding of the design of individual elements of a project and how it ultimately interfaces with the client.
- A can-do positive approach that helps you achieve anything you want to.
- All aspects of the role are to be carried out as an exemplar within the business in adhering to Grinsty Rail Policies.
- Acting responsibly, putting Grinsty Rail interests ahead of personal ambition.
- Providing inspirational leadership to all who come in contact with you.
- Delivering in the broadest sense a great working environment.
- Leading with humility, honesty, and integrity in all that you do.
- Promoting teamwork, supporting through difficult times and collectively celebrating our successes.
Committed to work collaboratively and network effectively, able to recognise the contribution of others and team-work with a Grinsty Rail mind-set.
Pragmatic hands-on experience, providing problem solving approach and who is willing to physically participate in completion of work when required.
Self-motivated and a self-starter, with the ability to work autonomously to meet deadlines, budgets, and quality expectations, both within a team, or independently.
Experience working where subsequent adherence to associated process and policy is critical to maintain customer confidentiality.